Sunday, November 20, 2011

Upload with CyberDuck causing Internal Server Error

I was getting the following error when trying to add a new file to my server with CyberDuck

"Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@blahblahblahblah.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request."


When I took a closer look at my logs, I saw the error:

Blah blah blah is writeable by group

So then I realised the way to resolve this is:

In CyberDuck:

1. Right click on your file. Find the menu item 'info.' Click on it.

2. Change your file's permissions to 644.

Done

No comments:

Post a Comment